Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Kamen Rider Hibiki - 05

This picture isn't even remotely relevant to the plot of the episode, but whatever.

PLEASE READ: This episode features all new typesetting which I'm testing out! Tell me if you like it and I'll keep it. If people generally don't like it, then I'll change it back to the old typesetting. We'll see.

This took way too long for my taste. Whatever. Hopefully things pick up when Ibuki shows up. Either way, it's here, so enjoy it.

I didn't really know how to pluralize "Oni", so I pretty much used "Oni" as a plural word too. Sort of like "sheep" or "fish" are both singular and plural.

See you in another week if things don't go how I want them to again~!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the AVIs

    I don't know anything about the series and haven't watched the episodes available, but I take it that oni(鬼) is referring to demon/demons. Is there a reason to why it's not translated to begin with? D:

    I know that TV-Nihon tries to keep 90% of dialogue as Japanesy as possible but I think this is a word that can be properly translated and would make the dialogue in English run smoother. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes, Oni refers to "demon", but what I thought while doing Hibiki was "it wouldn't make sense to have the good guys be called 'demon'" . I know that there's Anon subs for Hibiki that say "Ogre", but that seemed like bad word choice for me too.

      Hope that answered your question!

      Delete
    2. I don't think it's a problem. A lot of Rider use evil technology (Ichigo or Black for example). So calling them Demons isn't a problem IMO

      Delete
    3. @GingaBlue

      With all due respect: yes, it wouldn't be for those riders, but since the Hibiki riders (and most Heisei riders in general) don't use evil technology, but rather technology from Takeshi, it'd be a little wrong...

      Delete